In March, a group of college students traveled to Tijuana, Mexico, on a mission: to do as Jesus asks us, “Go out into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation” (Mark 16:15). As a church, this is our calling, both within the city of Seattle and outside to all the world. We take mission trips to reveal the love of Jesus to unreached corners of the world, and this was an opportunity for a group of students to see God move in incredible ways.
A typical day in Tijuana included morning worship, followed by equipping by a local pastor from All People’s Church or Mosaic, and then following the lead of the Spirit for the remainder of the day in reaching and connecting with others. The team performed a dance and a drama in public spaces, and then shared the gospel while someone translated. It is amazing how even through a drama -without verbal communication – God can bring people to Himself. The students and leaders also had the opportunity to partner with the local church in by assisting in outreach and a variety of ways.
Though numbers cannot describe the depth of joy or represent the experiences our students had in Tijuana, they do give an awesome picture of God’s hand in the city during the trip. Here’s what we saw:
- 104 people give their lives to Jesus
- 25 people radically healed
- Over 350 people came to the Easter service at All People’s Church (Tijuana). Of those 350, 30 people gave their lives to Jesus. The church has an average attendance of 90 people
- Several students said it was their first mission trip, and some their first time sharing the Gospel with someone.
- Our students were filled with passion and came back even more envisioned for the people in our own city
- We have a group the does outreach on Thursdays (in Seattle) and up to 10 or more people come on their own time and are willing to pray and show the love of Jesus to people! It’s incredible. We are seeing people in our very own city touched by the love of God by stepping out and doing something that is seemingly awkward or risky.
- Our students came back with a fiery passion for Jesus! Our college ministry is thriving and they are forming spaces for people to pray early in the morning and worship together.
- Lifegroups are thriving
- People are already excited for the next spring break trip
- Students came alive in Tijuana and experienced God in a way they never had before. And it hasn’t stopped. God is good!
At Mosaic, there are so many opportunities to be part of our mission. This summer, we are sending groups internationally to continue to be a part of God’s great plan for salvation for all people. Come, and join us!
For more information, we invite you to attend a Sunday service, or check out our site.