Dear Mosaic Family,
I hope your holiday season was refreshing and full of joy!
As 2015 comes to a close it naturally brings a time of reflection and of looking forward into the new year. The new year allows us to realign our lives with the promises and purposes of God!
Revelation 21:5 says, “And he who was seated on the throne said, ‘Behold, I am making all things new…'”
Jesus makes all things new!
I love that about Jesus, He is committed to new things in our lives this year. As we enter 2016 would you resolve to believe God and allow Him renew you again?
Similarly, Paul reminds us in 2 Corinthians 5:17 that if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old is gone and the new has come!
Whatever your last year looked like, I want to encourage you to gaze at the year ahead with greater hope. Would you leave the former things behind and believe Jesus again this year?
My prayer is that you begin 2016 with a deep resolve, believing that God is making all things new! Will you intentionally pray and set goals for the new year?
Below are some helpful tools to plan resolves for this next year.
- Ask God for an overarching word or phrase to believe and pray into for the next stage of your life.
- As you dream with God and make plans to grow tremendously this year, be sure to make your goals as specific, measurable, and realistic as possible. Remember that inviting people to help formulate and to hold you accountable to your goals is always a win.
- Think through these five areas of your life – set four goals for each area.
- Spiritual Goals (devotional life & spiritual disciplines, etc.)
- Mental Goals (books, mind sets, etc.)
- Relational Goals (time & focus with family, friends, discipleship, etc.)
- Financial Goals (budgeting, giving, working, etc.)
- Physical Goals (exercise, eating, sleeping, etc.)
Who will you share your goals with?
Blessings along the way.
Happy New Year,